TECHNET Archives

August 2018

From:
"Stadem, Richard D" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Stadem, Richard D
Date:
Mon, 27 Aug 2018 15:02:59 +0000
I agree with Dave that most if not all laminar AXI machines, at least the two systems I have had experience with, have the capability to quickly provide a combined 3D image of the laminar slices. This can be used for go/no-go disposition.

The compiled 3D image is not always an automatic function on some X-ray machines.

But that is all irrelevant; it is true that if the BGA voiding is that bad there is something wrong with the paste or the paste-handling process. Also, some pastes are much more prone to voiding than others. Minor non-Kirkendall voiding in BGA balls is not necessarily a bad thing.