TECHNET Archives

August 2018

From:
"Rivera, Raye" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Rivera, Raye
Date:
Tue, 21 Aug 2018 17:54:59 +0000
Hi Steve,

ANSI/ESD S541-2008 defines dissipative as 10^4 to 10^11 ohms. With your floor resistance, the mat, and your technician's foot strap all in series I would say you may have too much resistance rather than not enough.

I suggest you put the mat on the floor and use the same meter you use to measure the floor resistance to measure the combined mat and floor resistance. If it is too high, you may need to ground the mat and repeat the test.

Best regards,
Raye Rivera
Quality Manager
[Spirent]<http://www.spirent.com/>
Spirent Communications e-mail confidentiality.
This email and the information contained therein may contain private, confidential or privileged material solely meant for the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient review, copying or distribution is forbidden. Further, if you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender immediately and permanently delete this email and any copies or attachments.

On Fri, 17 Aug 2018 at 21:32, Vargas, Stephen M <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>