TECHNET Archives

August 2018

From:
"Stadem, Richard D" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Stadem, Richard D
Date:
Mon, 20 Aug 2018 14:46:41 +0000
The real purpose of the 1 Meg resistor is safety, to prevent electrical shock when being connected to ground via a wrist strap. The mats are naturally dissipative, and dissipative is defined as 1 ohm x 10>6 to 10>9, so no 1 meg resistor should be used to connect the mats to electrical ground.