TECHNET Archives

August 2018

From:
Steve Herring <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Steve Herring <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Aug 2018 18:35:00 +0000
Be very careful with MLCC's.
They can break much easier than you think.
I recommend using a "guillotine" style machine to separate scored boards.
Other methods and bending of boards can crack some caps. Depends on the mfr and size.
Best method for little to no stress is to use a router for pcba separation from the panel.

My 2 cents.

Steve

Steven E Herring
Director of Engineering