TECHNET Archives

July 2018

From:
David Hillman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, David Hillman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Jul 2018 09:30:31 -0500
Hi Bob - I have also tried the liquid solder mask option and had the same
"less than successful" results. I have some partial success with putting a
plastic "pin" in the PTH to the specific % level I was trying to achieve.
The "pin" needs to be snug enough to block the solder but not so tight as
to prevent out gassing of the flux materials.  You can machine a shoulder
on the pins for getting accurate placement in the PTH.

If you are going to do PTH % fill reliability testing, please consider
publishing the results as there is very very little of that type of data
available in the public forum. Good luck.

Dave Hillman
Rockwell Collins