TECHNET Archives

June 2018

From:
Date:
Thu, 28 Jun 2018 06:36:25 -0400
immersion gold is ion exchange process (correct me if I am wrong).
only very thin layer can be formed on the surface.  the roughness
must be underlying layer or substrate plating issue... IMHO.  Not
sure what actually the supplier of his was saying (it might be lost
in communication).
The electroless Nickel, unless it is porous (with bubbles or P or
additive clusters), it usually not rough either...Let me know if you
guys observe something else in the past...
jk