TECHNET Archives

June 2018

From:
"Stadem, Richard D" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Stadem, Richard D
Date:
Tue, 26 Jun 2018 14:29:19 +0000
And that brings up the other question in my mind; you CAN buy a '57 Chevy! New! There are so many aftermarket companies selling new replacement parts, as well as entire kits of almost any car you wish to build, for a price.

So just how long do you think it will be before somebody steps up to fill the demand for any given part size? What's stopping them from fabricating them by tomorrow? And if they can do that, why aren't they? There is certainly no shortage of carbon, germanium, copper, epoxy, etc., etc,. If the trend is towards smaller part sizes, but yet there exists a need for larger part sizes, it is only a matter of (a very short) time before that need is met, albeit at slightly higher prices due to lesser volume demand. But the markets are self-limiting. Supply WILL follow demand, eventually.

dean