TECHNET Archives

June 2018

From:
David Hillman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, David Hillman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Jun 2018 07:47:21 -0500
The Question:
This element is not found in nature in its pure form. The US Nuclear
Regulatory Commission has made a radioisotope of this element available for
commercial use at $10 per microgram. Neutron penetration into materials
makes this element useful in detection instruments such as fuel rod
scanners; neutron radiography of aircraft and weapons components to detect
corrosion, bad welds, cracks and trapped moisture; and in portable metal
detectors. This element derives its name from a university in the United
States. Which element is being described?

The winner of the quiz will get the services of Clumpy and Kloumpios for
the week.

So far Clumpy and Kloumpios have done the following:

Past Quiz winners/tasks:
Week 1 Ravinder Ajmani, Western Digital
Week 1 Ron Feyereisen, SigmaTron Intl.
Week 2 Louis Hart, Compunetics
Week 3 Mark Kostinovsky, Schlumberger Ltd.
Week 3 John Burke
Week 4 Drew Meyer, Benchmark Electronics
Week 5 No Winner - no correct responses!
Week 6 Bhanu Sood, NASA
Week 7 Keith Calhoun, Sopark Corp
Week 7 Ian Fox, Rolls Royce
Week 8 Leland Woodall
Week 8 David Bealer, SMT
Week 9 Tom Carroll, Boeing
Week 10 Louis Hart, Compunetics
Week 11 Tom Carroll, Boeing
Week 11 Scott Decker, UTAS
Week 12 Matthias Mansfeld, Mansfeld Elektronik PCB Design and Assembly
Week 13 No Quiz,
Week 14 Matthias Mansfeld, Mansfeld Elektronik PCB Design and Assembly
Week 15 Bhanu Sood, NASA
Week 16 John Maxwell
Week 17 Leland Woodall
Week 18 Leland Woodall
Week 19 Tom Carroll, Boeing
Week 20 Robert Kondner
Week 21 Tom Brendlinger, ClearMotion Inc.
Week 22 Carl Van Wormer, Cipher Engineering LCC
Week 23 Juliano Ribeiro, DATACOM
Week 24 Gerry Gagnon, FLIR Commercial Systems
Week 25 Graham Collins, Sunsel Systems
Week 26 Joyce Koo, IPC International
Week 26 Todd MacFadden, Bose
Week 27 Bhanu Sood, NASA
Week 28 Leland Woodall
Week 29 Mordechai Kirshenbaum
Week 30 Leland Woodall
Week 31 Leland Woodall
Week 32 Steve Gregory
Week 33 Leland Woodall
Week 34 Jerry Dengler, Pergamon Corp
Week 35 Frank Kimmey, VeriFone Inc
Week 36 Graham Collins, Sunsel Systems
Week 37 Richard "Dean" Stadem
Week 38 Leland Woodall
Week 38 Tom Carroll
Week 39 Matthias Mansfeld, Mansfeld Elektronik PCB Design and Assembly
Week 40 Leland Woodall
Week 41 Tom Carroll
Week 42 Matthias Mansfeld, Mansfeld Elektronik PCB Design and Assembly
Week 43 Joyce Koo
Week 44 Russell Kido, Practical Components
Week 45 Leland Woodall
Week 45 Frank Kimmey, VeriFone Inc
Week 46 Ian Fox, Rolls-Royce Control Systems
Week 47 Fred Cox, Bluering Stencils
Week 48 Tom Carroll, Boeing
Week 49 Todd MacFadden, Bose
Week 49 Leland Woodall
Week 50 Russell Kido, Practical Components
Week 51 Ravinder Ajmani, Western Digital
Week 52 Leland Woodall
Week 53 Scott Decker, UTAS
Week 54 Leland Woodall
Week 55  Tom Carroll, Boeing
Week 56  Mordechai Kirshenbaum

Week 57  Steve Herring, Pennatronics Corp
- We have two new SPI's being installed and validated next week, so I'm
sure we can use the help. I hope they are brushed up on statistics and
Minitab, as a whole lot of number crunching will be going on!

Week 58 Leland Woodall
- The boys will be doing a round of golf tomorrow morning, yard work
tomorrow afternoon, and we'll all be eating grilled burgers tomorrow evening
while watching the Kansas race.  I want them to relax a bit before they
continue helping me perform more TS to IATF document conversion next week.

Week 59 Drew Meyer, Benchmark
-  Wow!  Simply amazing timing.  Our leader will be gone next week so we
will be two people doing the work of three.  The boys will be greatly
appreciated.  The good news for them is that we finally have some decent
weather here.  Will have to get them some time outside to enjoy it!

Week 60 Leland Woodall
- Just in time for Memorial Day!  I can see the guys mowing, trimming
bushes, cleaning cars, and exercising their grilling skills.  I might mix
in a little work at the plant next week, just for good measure.

Week 61 ????
- assisted with ????

I hope everyone has a awesome week!
Dave Hillman