TECHNET Archives

June 2018

From:
Lum Wee Mei <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Lum Wee Mei <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Jun 2018 06:24:10 +0000
We have parts that have leads formed by an operator using a machine. However, some of leads are either bend or have residual leads pressed on them. Attempts to remove the residual leads have resulted in either deep gouges or lead thickness reduced at the tip.

I remember seeing a requirement on this and found that it has since been removed from J-STD-001FS. It was in J-STD-001ES as :

Section 6.1.2 Lead Deformation Limits Whether leads are formed manually or by machine or die, parts or components shall not be mounted if the part or component lead has any nicks, scrapes or gouges. Smooth indentations up to 10%, e.g. tooling marks, and as allowed for intentionally flattened leads (see 7.5.8), of the diameter, width, or thickness of the lead are acceptable. See 4.2.3 and 4.18.1.

Is there a reason why the below section from J-STD-001ES was removed from J-STD-001FS? Can I still reject this lead-formed parts without this requirement or where can I find relevant requirement that govern the criteria for lead deformation limit.

~wee mei~