TECHNET Archives

May 2018

From:
"Decker, Scott UTAS" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Decker, Scott UTAS
Date:
Thu, 31 May 2018 14:58:43 +0000
Hi Victor,
   I've been so immersed in several projects, I didn't even see this first post... In a past lifetime ago, I did home and commercial wiring and we did use a pulling compound when pulling bundles through conduit. I can tell you this stuff is slick and I don't mean slick as in really cool to use, I mean slick as in you can't grip anything if you get it on your hands! Bottom line is, it works really well. That said, you are left with the question of, can you leave it in the conduit when you're done pulling the wires? In my case, it was OK, but I will say it, (at the time, maybe it's different today) it would dry out after a period of time and become a little sticky. Not something you want if you need to remove the wires in the future. My point is here, it will make it easy to pull your wires, but it could make it worse if you have to remove them. You mentioned in your post a sled, are you talking about a dynamic type of application where the cables will move inside the cylinder? That's another issue and I don't have any ideas other that a Teflon sleeve to wrap around the wires/cables and that may help in pulling them in and also move a bit if that's the case. Good Luck... Let us know what you find that works.
Later...

Scott Decker – Staff Engineer, PCB Design Services CID+ – Electronic Systems Center
UTC AEROSPACE SYSTEMS
3445 S. 5th Street, Suite 170, Phoenix, AZ 85040 U.S.A.
Tel: 602 308 5957  FAX: 602 243 2347
KE7MWT  AKA:PadMasterson
[log in to unmask]   www.utcaerospacesystems.com

CONFIDENTIALITY WARNING: This message may contain proprietary and/or privileged information of
UTC Aerospace Systems and its affiliated companies. If you are not the intended recipient please 1) do not disclose, copy,
distribute or use this message or its contents, 2) advise the sender by return e-mail, and 3) delete all copies (including all
attachments) from your computer. Your cooperation is greatly appreciated.
This Document Does Not Contain Export Controlled Technology Or Technical Data.