TECHNET Archives

April 2018

From:
Steve Gregory <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Steve Gregory <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Apr 2018 15:42:40 -0600
Hi Robert,

Unfortunately we don't have a dry box, but I have wondered about something.
We did buy a McDry cabinet when I was working back in Tulsa, and it was a
self regenerating dry desiccant cabinet. Periodically, it would turn a
heater on where the desiccant was stored and dry out and reset the
desiccant, which had me wondering, why wouldn't you do be doing the same
thing as a dry desiccant cabinet if you took a few packs of fresh desiccant
and sealed them up inside a MBB, won't that pull out moisture as well?

Steve