TECHNET Archives

April 2018

From:
"Giamis, Andy" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Giamis, Andy
Date:
Fri, 27 Apr 2018 14:46:23 +0000
Hi all,

In 2014, I replaced my SiLi EDS detector with an SSD detector with an ultra-thin polymer window.

My detector failed and the manufacturer says it was due to loss of vacuum and named the probable source as micro-tears in the window  Large tears or holes were not visible.

Has anyone experienced this?

If so,  did you find a cause for the micro-tears?

Did you come up with a corrective action to avoid damaging it again?

Thank you.

Best Regards,

Andy

Andrew C. Giamis