TECHNET Archives

April 2018

From:
Jose A Rios <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Jose A Rios <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Apr 2018 14:26:58 +0000
Hey Bhanu, in my previous life we always discouraged etchback/3 pt. Legacy users/designs wouldn’t relent even in the face of reduced CITC performance (sometimes vastly reduced), when compared side to side under controlled conditions (same boards with and without 3pt). Kevin Knadle has all sorts of data showing this, unsure if he’s published anything or kept it under wraps.... Basically plasma etchback creates gauges or amplifies existing drill gauges in order to create the 3pt. Plating those tight without plated copper pinch points becomes tricky, and you know the rest. You may be able to pin Kevin down during the May IPC seminar in MD.... Give me a call if you want to discuss further.

Sent from my iPhone