TECHNET Archives

April 2018

From:
Date:
Fri, 6 Apr 2018 09:16:39 -0400
as part of reliability test report your customer (integrator) project/
program office suppose to sign  off for it - after they review the
FEM/calculation plus the data (highlined list of risk items in
summery - indicated what device, what location, what is risk
mitigation - e.g. the second device used for redundancy is not in the
same location - and no signal delay that impact the system
performance. provide you have detection and switch mechanism in
place.. for example... you better not hide it...legal issues).  If
you have a picky customer - usually non-engineering background want
perfect assembly after sequential tests, you doomed.  go back to the
drawing board.  At time zero, no fracture!!! (you should not use mask
defined opening if you see fracture - if your mask shifted cause such
a fault, you have a lot more work to do...the board guys can tell you
all about it... I leave the headache to them... something to do with
stretch, optical alignment, etc.etc. which I don't understand...).
By the way, sequential test you need mechanical test 1st followed by
the thermal shock (assume crack initiated  during the mechanical
test,thermal shock open  it up... if you done  it other  way around,
not  count...)... best of luck.
jk