TECHNET Archives

April 2018

From:
Date:
Fri, 6 Apr 2018 08:43:23 -0400
at time zero - as out of factory - no fracture allowed - if you have
fracture at BGA solder mask area, you got crack initiation site - you
need to change solder mask openning to avoid such a fault IMHO.
At end of sequential test (vib, thermal shock, drop/impact), 20%
max.... Noted in qual report for review as item of susceptibility of
overall system design - program manager have to sign up for knowingly
accept the reliability risk.  If it is go to sky or some places that
repair and overhaul are not allowed, you have to have redundancy
exist to avoid potential failure risk.  20% is based on electrical
design and thermal design requirements for device under overall
assembly level design... not cast in stone and not universal (23% was
maximum based on FEM and design assessment of worst case performance
in this case to derive to 20%, for example, max environmental temp
plus assembly add on operational temperature for signal current
carrying capability and thermal conduction capability - special
attention to the power and ground..etc.etc)... for example.
hopefully, it helps.
jk