TECHNET Archives

March 2018

From:
Bhanu Sood <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Bhanu Sood <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Mar 2018 14:03:00 -0400
Rework or scrap? the risk is usually assessed by weighing in the laminate
type (PI, FR-4, flex etc), design, board stack-up, components in vicinity
of rework site and time/temperature required for each rework (including
preheat).

Any guidelines regarding the number of allowable reworks are going to be
specific to a design/material combination, tricky to extrapolate that
guidance into a standard…rework risk assessment needs to analyze all
factors and be better understood with solid research.  Most companies say a
site can be reworked 2 or 3 times (assuming high Td/Tg PI...$$$).

--
Bhanu Sood
Tel: (202) 468-8449