TECHNET Archives

March 2018

From:
"Tempea, Ioan" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Tempea, Ioan
Date:
Wed, 14 Mar 2018 11:56:06 +0000
Carl,

Hoping I haven't missed any of the answers mentioning that, you can always use wave soldering pallets that would mask any SMT, exposing only TH pins. Of course TH to SMT clearances need to be observed in design, but pallets are a very mainstream wave soldering solution and I've used tons of them.

Check https://ascenteceng.com/pcba-tooling/   some years ago they even had a clearance calculator on-line, but my old link is broken.

Best regards,

Ioan