TECHNET Archives

March 2018

From:
David Hillman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, David Hillman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Mar 2018 18:43:09 -0600
Hi folks - I very much appreciate the response so far but I do want to
clarify the IPC BTC Void task team request: we are looking for solder joint
reliability data demonstrating the impact of voids on the solder joint
integrity of the BTC component. There are a large number of investigations
on how to reduce or eliminate BTC voids but the task team is specifically
looking for solder joint integrity based on thermal cycle or vibration or
drop shock etc.  Any data you can send me on void reduction/elimination I
would make sure the  IPC-7093 committee reviews so that is wonderful
information to receive too. If you email me the studies/investigations, I
will make sure it gets to the right place.

Dave Hillman
JSTD-001 BTC Void task team lead