TECHNET Archives

March 2018

From:
Jack Olson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Jack Olson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Mar 2018 10:00:08 -0600
Typically the goal is to protect conductive surfaces, and board edges don't often have conductive surfaces (and if they do, they might need to stay exposed).

If you have seen the board edges coated it is probably a result of the method that was used to coat them (spraying or dipping), not because it was required.