TECHNET Archives

February 2018

From:
HEAD James <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, HEAD James <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Feb 2018 08:32:20 +0000
I just re-read my e-mail and realised it could be miss-interpreted. What I meant to say is PCB Fabricators can remove non-functional pads to improve the PCB Fabrication process. PCB Designers should not remove non-functional pads just to be able to route tracks tighter to holes.

The PCB CAD package I use, Pulsonix, can automatically remove non-functional pads if the user selects this option but it has a additional DRC check option that can be turned on or off, that keeps the DRC pad to track spacing as though the non-functional pad were still present.

This is based upon feedback I received from several PCB Fabricators that I have used.

Regards,

James

James Head

Oxford Instruments

Magnetic Resonance

www.oxford-instruments.com

www.twitter.com/oxinst : @oxinst

www.facebook.com/oxinst

www.linkedin.com/company/oxford-instruments

Tubney Woods, Abingdon, Oxon OX13 5QX, UK

Tel: +44 (0) 1865 393200

Email: [log in to unmask]