TECHNET Archives

February 2018

From:
"Stadem, Richard D" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Stadem, Richard D
Date:
Tue, 27 Feb 2018 18:57:50 +0000
Hold on Joyce, you changed the subject. Larry was talking about the INTERNAL pads in his original posting.
Just to clarify, I see no reason why surface layer pads cannot remain, albeit electrically redundant, for the purpose of distribution of stresses and increased robustness.
They usually do not cause any issues.
Internal vias connected to unused pads do not crack if they are not there to begin with!