TECHNET Archives

February 2018

From:
Date:
Thu, 22 Feb 2018 12:40:34 -0500
majority of connector damage is due to mismatch thickness (too
thick).  Normal proper singulation is not a problem for the edge -
monitor the dust and damage... you don't want any thing fall into the
connector matting area), except some manual cuts or other cheap
version of cut-off edge methods NA usually don't see.
(problem start observe in mid 90s... on imported PWB... not only edge
but stacking thickness too... you find out core thickness variation
causes overall stack thickness problem - connector damage)... If my
memory serve me right, the qual board were OK within spec.. the
subsequent shipment got problem... the vendor collect the order and
farm out to other shops... (of course, he lost the contract after
batch variation were found with different date code - thanks god the
date code was one of the traceable clue)...  for your reference only.
jk