TECHNET Archives

February 2018

From:
Date:
Thu, 15 Feb 2018 10:52:46 -0500
Tanaka 1st, Heraeus 2nd and MKE  3rd... it depends who you prior
supply is... the 1st two may have wider process window, the 3rd is
cheaper, but it might have narrow process window (talk to your
workers, they know what I am talking about...  it also depend upon
your machine tolerance, if you have newer bonder, you might not see
that much difference - good transducer... if you are high volume
producer (in terms of number  of wire bonds per shift... and high
number of wire per unit), you want to pay a bit more just  ensure no
rework... (if  you deal with 450-1000 wire bonds per unit, you don't
want  to save a bit on wire... the down time  and rework will kill
your SPC and for extra time to maintain the tooling)...IMHO.  (by the
way, if you are mil house, you might not allow to use Jap product due
to WWII restriction... not sure if it lifted or not... very silly).