TECHNET Archives

February 2018

From:
David Hillman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, David Hillman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Feb 2018 07:33:55 -0600
Hi Jack - yep, that is one of the more difficult issues with tin whisker
risk mitigation. The use of coating materials has been shown to be an
acceptable risk mitigation for the capture/containment of a tin whisker but
on connectors, the wicking issues detailed by the TechNet crew, can work
against us as a valid implementation option.

Dave Hillman
Rockwell Collins