TECHNET Archives

January 2018

From:
Steve Gregory <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Steve Gregory <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Jan 2018 09:22:10 -0700
Hi Bob,

When I worked in Allentown, PA we were in a 20,000 sq.ft. facility with
really high ceilings, which was heated with a gas fired space heater that
you normally see in large warehouse type of buildings during the winters,
and trying to keep the humidity up in such a large space was a challenge.
We bought some misting fans from some livestock supply company and I bought
a humidity controller from a company called Fogco, I think I got the
fogging nozzles for the misting rings on the fans from them too. We
supplied deionized water from the DI columns that we used for our inline
cleaner. Bev is right, I wished we had a RO system then, we still would get
a fine dust that would precipitate out from the fog about 10-20 feet out
from the fans with just the DI columns that we had. But it kept the
facility humidity within specs, and it wouldn't take long for the system to
kick in once that heater fired up! It would be just a few minutes after the
heater kicked on that the humidity fans would start producing a fog to
moisten things up. When you have a limited budget you do the best that you
can with what you have...

Steve

--
Steve Gregory
Kimco Design and Manufacturing

--

This email and any attachments are only for use by the intended
recipient(s) and may contain legally privileged, confidential, proprietary