TECHNET Archives

January 2018

From:
Louis Hart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Jan 2018 20:01:09 +0000
Other TechNetters have provided some good information on the various standards involved. For whatever good it does, I'll mention that I think it took the copper foil committee 10 years to agree on a method for measuring surface roughness. When I was responsible for peel strength testing of MIL-PRF-31032 boards and had to be concerned if a foil was 'low profile', I could not find a definition of that terminology. Colleagues and I agreed among ourselves what we thought it meant and thus when we would need to meet the low profile peel strength requirement. Louis Hart