TECHNET Archives

January 2018

From:
Date:
Sat, 20 Jan 2018 17:14:15 -0500
don't forget if it is ground plane, your allow the solder coverage
50% (or 70%), you need take out one or two vias to ensure you have
sufficient connection to avoid local heat... (make sure the solder
coverage of 50% is not one sided under the components to avoid
overheating upon components operation - not just open/short test...
if it is split ground for MCM, you need to make sure EACH ground got
sufficient via/solder coverage at assembly level, not just PCB)...IMHO.
jk