TECHNET Archives

January 2018

From:
Bob Wettermann <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Bob Wettermann <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 14 Jan 2018 14:40:41 -0600
Dear Bob:

A couple of QFN rework resources are here:

QFN rework methods outline here:
http://www.soldertools.net/product_images/PDFs/Reworking%20QFNs%20Newly%20Developed%20Cost%20Effective%20Approach.pdf

One of the methods that is straightforward for many parts is done here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTttuhiqqjk

The tools can be all the way from a soldering iron, to an uncontrolled
 heat source like a hot air pencil/gun (Metcal pencil is nice for tiny
parts), to a full-fledged rework system like the Weller, SRT, APR etc....

For very tiny parts like you are describing you may want to consider a
small IR system like the ones PACE sells that feature a temperature probe
feedback.

Regards

Bob / BEST

--