TECHNET Archives

January 2018

From:
Larry Dzaugis <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Larry Dzaugis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Jan 2018 14:53:31 -0500
LED's are cool to the touch compared to other light sources.
If the heat sink is missing, they will de-solder in less than 60 seconds
due to heat build up on high output applications.

Same with the FET's.

Vacuum reflow made a tremendous difference to our production capabilities.
Since the point of the line was reliable high volume light output, it was
acquired.
It reduced capacity.
Better to meet 99.9% yield at a slower rate than thruway a lot due to low
yield.
The new x-rays with automated void calculation helped reduce line support.
Errors were set up based rather than over time, first articles fully
inspected and tested prior to starting line.
Only 1 paste in house in cartridges with strict timing controls helped.

Prior lines had in line x-ray inspection for mixed signal product.
No voids on pad was more likely bad solder joint as previously stated with
the target of 50%.