TECHNET Archives

December 2017

From:
Guy Ramsey <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Guy Ramsey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Dec 2017 16:30:48 -0500
Thanks for the thoughtful response. One of the other MEs here is thinking
that this is a normal appearance, that the SAC305 solder uniformly
separated from the intermetallic when we reflowed and pulled the BGA.

I wish this was the case but it seems unlikely. Isn't the affinity of the
bulk solder to the intermetallic higher than its surface tension?