TECHNET Archives

December 2017

From:
rkondner <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, rkondner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Dec 2017 18:08:20 -0500
Hi,

   There is a $69 tool I wrote. Go up to www.partsync.com and download
BOM Builder. It has a 30 day free trial. The checking is more visual but
automatic checks can be done. The main issue is having "Package Models"
and PCB locations / rotations.

The "Package Data" is in a state of change right now, I am adding data
to support 3D part generation.

One item I have done in the past is what I call "Pin In Paste". I took
the metal definitions for packages and verified that the metal areas
overlay the solder paste openings by at least 95%. Yep, some board fail.

   Look at www.kondner.com/files/BB10B_SMT.pdf  for a sample with RED
pins in light blue paste.

   Don't forget to read the manual! :-)

   You mention a number of hard to believe items. Yep, absolutely true.
I personally processed a lot of job when starting up a proto assembly
company, they are all true.

Bob K.