TECHNET Archives

December 2017

From:
Bob Wettermann <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Bob Wettermann <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Dec 2017 16:10:00 -0600
Heh All:

One of our customers recently had a small quantity build where he was told
by the proto CM that the following was done via SW prior to a build
happening…..

Part rotation check (Find this hard to believe as diodes and LEDs are
pretty much a source of numerous errors)

Package to footprint fit check (I find this one really hard to believe as
there are some variations on this theme)

Part spacing is accurate and within minimum electrical clearance (I find
this hard to believe as most people involved in procuring final assemblies
do not know what the operating voltages on the board)

Polarity markings that are missing (Same disbelief as above for part
rotation)

The BOM number of placements matches XY data (I can believe this for the
total number of placements)

Ours checks for proto assembly include BOM-to-CAD compares, i.e., are all
of the parts on the BOM included in the CAD file, no dupes  and vice-versa
(that is CAD to BOM.)

Is there a commercial tool that can do the items listed above that help
assemblers that I am just not aware of?

Regards and HNY
--
Bob Wettermann