TECHNET Archives

December 2017

From:
Lee Hitchens <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Lee Hitchens <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Dec 2017 06:58:26 +0700
Hi Jack

I would like to agree with Lloyd on this. Define three areas: Must coat,
Must not coat and don't care. You help everyone out in production and
avoid impossible scenarios especially when a certain coating is selected
that just wont meet your specs!

As for how much space the glib answer is as much as possible. The
practical one is minimum 2mm to give your team a chance on the line with
the average coating and equipment set up especially if you start to
consider the odd splash as a fail on inspection. The more space you give
the less process control and lower cost set up you require.

Best Regards

Dr Lee Hitchens

Please be aware that I am personally based in Thailand and travel frequently due to business.

If I am unavailable you can also contact my offices directly in the UK, USA and India for support.

Mob: +66 95 418 5931
Skype: leehitchens

UK: +44 1226 249 019
India: +91 900 038 3674
USA: +1 206 257 9787

www.conformalcoating.co.uk

SCH Technologies is a Division of SCH Services Limited