TECHNET Archives

December 2017

From:
"Decker, Scott UTAS" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Decker, Scott UTAS
Date:
Mon, 4 Dec 2017 17:35:48 +0000
Hi Jack, long time...

   I used them long ago and we never had issues with either pad configuration. Seems that I remember that IPC or someone did a study to see if the "U" shape really made a difference and the answer back then was not really. Seeing some of the other posts/replies, I'd say you can toss a coin and not lose, in my case though, the coin would land on its edge... :-/ Anyway, I just remember the MELF really did mean, as Richard mentioned, Most End up Lying on the Floor. Your mileage may very.... Good Luck. And nice to see your name on here again.

Scott Decker – Staff Engineer, PCB Design Services CID+ – Electronic Systems Center

UTC AEROSPACE SYSTEMS

3445 S. 5th Street, Suite 170, Phoenix, AZ 85040 U.S.A.

Tel: 602 308 5957  FAX: 602 243 2347

KE7MWT  AKA:PadMasterson

[log in to unmask]   www.utcaerospacesystems.com

CONFIDENTIALITY WARNING: This message may contain proprietary and/or privileged information of

UTC Aerospace Systems and its affiliated companies. If you are not the intended recipient please 1) do not disclose, copy,

distribute or use this message or its contents, 2) advise the sender by return e-mail, and 3) delete all copies (including all

attachments) from your computer. Your cooperation is greatly appreciated.

This Document Does Not Contain Export Controlled Technology Or Technical Data.