TECHNET Archives

November 2017

From:
David Hillman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, David Hillman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Nov 2017 06:38:18 -0600
Hi Julie - well, that's a new one to me. I am skeptical that the lead frame
is really "pure iron" but can't think of a reason having that configuration
(pure iron/copper/ Sn5Bi) would cause an issue. The Sn5Bi surface finish is
also somewhat unique.  You might want to cross section a lead and do a
quick SEM assessment.

Dave Hillman
Rockwell Collins