TECHNET Archives

November 2017

From:
Douglas Pauls <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Douglas Pauls <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Nov 2017 12:56:56 -0600
Rich,
There is a subgroup of the IPC Conformal Coating Task Group (5-33a) called
the Ultra-Thin working group, who are working on getting these new kinds of
materials into CC-830.  They vary greatly in chemistry.  Amanda Rickman of
Raytheon leads that effort.

In my experience, you are looking at two different kinds of materials, one
applied in a chemical vapor deposition process, and one applied as a liquid
and either spray or dip applied.  They vary depending on what kinds of
protection they afford.  You can contact me via back channel if you want to
discuss in more depth.

Doug Pauls
Principal Materials and Process Engineer
Rockwell Collins