TECHNET Archives

November 2017

From:
George Wenger <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, George Wenger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Nov 2017 07:47:49 -0500
Andy,

That wise guy (AKA Knowledgeable person) still carries two things in his
wallet (i.e., an IKEA measuring tape and a chart showing the dissolution of
Au, Ag, Pd, Pt, Cu and Ni in a Molten Tin-Lead Solder).  This data was from
Wally Bader's paper that was printed in The Welding Journal in 1969.  I've
attached a copy which I know TN will strip but since you are on the
distribution of this email you will get.

Now I know you asked for nobel metals in tin not tin-lead solder but if you
can't find the data anywhere else I would take Wally's data and assume the
dissolution rate would be slightly higher for pure tine than Sn60Pb40
solder.

I just realized the file is too big for me to attach so I'll see if I can
reduce the size and get it to you or you can look in the old
Andrew/CommScope files and I'm sure there is a copy there.

George