TECHNET Archives

November 2017

From:
David Hillman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, David Hillman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Nov 2017 06:11:24 -0600
Here is the Element Quiz Question:

The Question:
This element was the last element to be first discovered in nature rather
than by synthesis. At any given time, only one ounce of this element exists
in the Earth's crust. This element has a interesting history as it was
discovered in 1925, 1926, 1930 and 1936 before the "real" discovery was
validated. The name of this element was influenced by the word "cat". Which
element is being described?

The winner of the quiz  will get the services of Clumpy and Kloumpios for
the week.

So far Clumpy and Kloumpios have done the following:

Past Quiz winners/tasks:
Week 1 Ravinder Ajmani, Western Digital
Week 1 Ron Feyereisen, SigmaTron Intl.
Week 2 Louis Hart, Compunetics
Week 3 Mark Kostinovsky, Schlumberger Ltd.
Week 3 John Burke
Week 4 Drew Meyer, Benchmark Electronics
Week 5 No Winner - no correct responses!
Week 6 Bhanu Sood, NASA
Week 7 Keith Calhoun, Sopark Corp
Week 7 Ian Fox, Rolls Royce
Week 8 Leland Woodall
Week 8 David Bealer, SMT
Week 9 Tom Carroll, Boeing
Week 10 Louis Hart, Compunetics
Week 11 Tom Carroll, Boeing
Week 11 Scott Decker, UTAS
Week 12 Matthias Mansfeld, Mansfeld Elektronik PCB Design and Assembly
Week 13 No Quiz,
Week 14 Matthias Mansfeld, Mansfeld Elektronik PCB Design and Assembly
Week 15 Bhanu Sood, NASA
Week 16 John Maxwell
Week 17 Leland Woodall
Week 18 Leland Woodall
Week 19 Tom Carroll, Boeing
Week 20 Robert Kondner
Week 21 Tom Brendlinger, ClearMotion Inc.
Week 22 Carl Van Wormer, Cipher Engineering LCC
Week 23 Juliano Ribeiro, DATACOM
Week 24 Gerry Gagnon, FLIR Commercial Systems
Week 25 Graham Collins, Sunsel Systems
Week 26 Joyce Koo, IPC International
Week 26 Todd MacFadden, Bose
Week 27 Bhanu Sood, NASA
Week 28 Leland Woodall
Week 29 Mordechai Kirshenbaum
Week 30 Leland Woodall
Week 31 Leland Woodall
Week 32 Steve Gregory
Week 33 Leland Woodall
Week 34 Jerry Dengler, Pergamon Corp
Week 35 Frank Kimmey, VeriFone Inc
Week 36 Graham Collins, Sunsel Systems
Week 37 Richard "Dean" Stadem
Week 38 Leland Woodall
Week 38 Tom Carroll

Week 39 Matthias Mansfeld, Mansfeld Elektronik PCB Design and Assembly
- This is really great! The guys can help me to clear out a flat (thousands
of books :-( ) and, of course, if they have enough of the dust of about 50
years, have fun with our cats again......(no dust,only cat's fur in red &
black)

Week 40 Leland Woodall
- This week the boys will be helping me with Fall yard work.  If they
finish in time, we'll also check out the speckled sea trout run currently
going on in Belhaven, NC.

Week 41 Tom Carroll
- Clumpy and Kloumpios can help with winter cleaning chores around the
house. We just received our first blast of cold air today and it is
expected to be colder tomorrow, so tell the boys to pack their winter
suits. I need help removing air conditioners from windows and sealing up
some drafts around windows and doors. After that the boys can relax and
join me on a trip to Philadelphia to perform some FAA Conformities next
week. Do they like soft pretzels? The ones I get in Philadelphia are great,
especially when they are fresh out of the oven.

Week 42 ????
- assisted with ????

I hope everyone has a awesome week.

Dave Hillman