TECHNET Archives

November 2017

From:
Date:
Fri, 17 Nov 2017 06:21:51 -0500
it depends: how the noble metal (solid hunk piece or plated) form.  I
bet the plated one dissolve different rate than the solid  piece.  In
addition, once you form an alloy layer it will slow... different
plating method may also impact your dissolution rate, so is the
impurity... that make theoretical rate (calculated using Gibbs
energy) useless... as for experimental, there are many... ex. http://
www.semlab.com/papers2017/goldembrittlementofsolderjoints.pdf
if you want to do your own, set time and quench bath, sem... Let's
see George might have better solution... IMHO.