TECHNET Archives

October 2017

From:
David Hillman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, David Hillman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Oct 2017 15:22:11 -0500
Hi team - Just a point of clarification as I see this point pop up with
some frequency. The requirements for a printed circuit assembly are in the
IPC-JSTD-001 specification and the Workmanship Criteria reflecting those
requirement as in the IPC-A-610.  I know if sounds mundane and lots of
folks typically cite the 610 specification as the "requirements"  since
that is what the operators/auditors have in their hands but using specific
document clarity is important in our industry. We have tons of requirements
and criteria so citing 001/610 correctly and as a set can be super
beneficial for everyone. Sorry for the soapbox, just trying to be positive
and proactive.

Dave Hillman
Rockwell Collins

On Mon, Oct 30, 2017 at 3:00 PM, Stadem, Richard D <[log in to unmask]