TECHNET Archives

September 2017

From:
Date:
Wed, 27 Sep 2017 20:32:34 +0000
I agree with Bev, what would be the point? The crystal structure of ISn changes overnight as the IMS grows very quickly. TEM results would not assure whether the finish will readily wet, or not.

Were you thinking of using it as an acceptance measurement from the fabricator? Most companies simply assign a "use life" of 2 to 6 weeks from date of plating.

Sometimes 6 weeks is too long, depending on the plating and storage factors.