TECHNET Archives

September 2017

From:
George Wenger <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, George Wenger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Sep 2017 16:55:22 -0400
Victor,

Thank you for reminding everyone that today is September 11th.  I have many
reasons for remembering this date.  I have an 18 year old grandson who was
born on September 11th.  I was eating lunch and watching TV in the cafeteria
of the Engineering Research Center for the last time on September 11, 2001
because I had just retired from Bell Labs and was beginning a new career
with a spin-off company that eventually became part of the CommScope
Corporation.  Also, I live 4 miles from my 10 year old grandson and his
grammar school is half way between my house and his so I drive by it every
day.  Now you are probably asking why my grandsons grammar school reminds me
of 911.  Well the answer is that they put out nearly 3000 American flags
each year to remember those who lost their life on 911.  It's an impressive
site to see all of the American flags.  I've attached a picture of the flags
so you will see what I mean.  I knew TN strips off attachments but I've
copied Steve Gregory and maybe he will post the picture on his site for
other TN members to see.

George