TECHNET Archives

September 2017

From:
Bob Cochran <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Bob Cochran <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Sep 2017 16:22:56 -0400
Hello,

Assuming it exists, where can I find the latest and greatest IPC
recommendation for SMT rounded pad shapes?  I'm hoping that such a
recommendation exists as a rule for SMT pads and that every particular
package doesn't have its own recommendation.

BTW, I'm familiar with the radius definition provided here by Wolfram:
http://mathworld.wolfram.com/RoundedRectangle.html

However, my Altium tool requires me to specify it in terms of a
percentage ( half of the
         shortest side of the pad ).

I'm hoping it's specified in one of these two forms.

Thank you,

Bob