TECHNET Archives

September 2017

From:
Ricardo Moncaglieri <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Ricardo Moncaglieri <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Sep 2017 11:22:22 -0300
Frank,
Thank you very much!
Richard has posted to you stack-up image and details.
brgds,Ricardo
>>> Frank Kimmey <[log in to unmask]> 05/09/2017 11:13 >>>
Ricardo,
Many of us who have worked in designing RF PCBs have had to use
differing dielectrics and stack ups.
Send me your proposed stack up directly and I'll try to see where you
may have issues affecting manufacturing and yields.
Use of different materials and/or asymmetric dielectrics is doable but
as always there is a cost.
Lower yields may have to be considered if your proposed is the only way
your circuit works.
Let's see if improvements are available.
Thanks,
FNK

Frank N Kimmey CID+
Electrical Engineer / PCB Design