TECHNET Archives

September 2017

From:
Steven Kelly <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Steven Kelly <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Sep 2017 12:23:44 -0400
Hi Frank,
2 layer will be less expensive with the following proviso's:
1) if it is long or very few on a panel then go with the 3 layer
2) you need either 12 or maybe 18 micron material as the copper
3) if the core polyimide is 50 micron for sure the 2 layer - if it is thinner - it depends
4) with today's equipment reliability of 1.4 mil/2 mil / 4 mil line widths

Good luck. Steve Kelly