TECHNET Archives

August 2017

From:
rkondner <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, rkondner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Aug 2017 10:47:28 -0400
Question about Flux Life:

I have some roll solder on my work bench which is probably 20+ yeas old.
Still smokes and seems to solder fine. Of course this fux is inside the
solder core.

Many chemicals are long lived (table salt for example) and some are
short lived.

Does anyone know what it is in solder that "Goes Bad"? I admit I am a
"Date Code Skeptic".

Bob K.