TECHNET Archives

August 2017

From:
John Burke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 Aug 2017 06:59:37 +0000

		Sounds like the issue in 1986 ish when Siemens published their SMT footprint guidelines book and distributed 10s of thousands of copies. Only issue was the intern they used for the footprints used 25 as a conversion to imperial not 25.4
Now that caused some REAL issues unlike a word pronunciation....

		Sent from my iPad Pro

On Sat, Aug 19, 2017 at 1:50 PM +0700, "Brian Ellis" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

It's not spelt the same, it's aluminIum, which is logical. You don't say
or spell sodum, potassum, helum, cadmum etc., so why aluminum? I've
heard a legend (may be true???) that the fledgeling Alcoa mis-spelt it
without the 'i' in their first brochure but could not afford to reprint it.

Brian