TECHNET Archives

August 2017

From:
Brian Ellis <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Brian Ellis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 Aug 2017 09:50:22 +0300
It's not spelt the same, it's aluminIum, which is logical. You don't say
or spell sodum, potassum, helum, cadmum etc., so why aluminum? I've
heard a legend (may be true???) that the fledgeling Alcoa mis-spelt it
without the 'i' in their first brochure but could not afford to reprint it.

Brian