TECHNET Archives

August 2017

From:
James Head <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, James Head <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Aug 2017 19:45:41 +0100
Both the Oxford English Dictionary, and the Dictionary from "that other
place" have the English pronunciation as Solder but also include the
American pronunciation as Solder.

As a Brit I screw my face up whenever I hear the American pronunciation ;-)

Another difference I've noticed is Via where the Americans seem to
pronounce it 'vee-a' whereas in the UK everyone I've met pronounces it as
'vi-a'.

James