TECHNET Archives

August 2017

From:
Carl Van Wormer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Carl Van Wormer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Aug 2017 15:35:51 +0000
In the Portland, OR (USA) area, we say SODder.  I always thought SOLDer was a British pronunciation, hearing it from people with "foreign" accents.

In the Pacific Northwest, the natives don't have accents!

Never make fun of someone if they mispronounce a word.  It means they learned it by reading.
Anon

Carl B. Van Wormer, P.E., AE7GD
Senior Hardware Engineer
Cipher Engineering LLC (home of the ShortSniffer)
    21195 NW Evergreen Pkwy Ste 209
    Hillsboro, OR  97124-7167
    503-617-7447x303
    [log in to unmask]     http://cipherengineering.com